Too many times over the past few weeks, Barack Hussein Obama II has alleged that he was NOT born with a “silver spoon” in his mouth. But he most certainly was! FACTS turned up by our team here at WTPOTUS, supported by our intrepid force of Internet, library, and newspaper researchers and commenters, have proven that this man grew up in circumstances that many in today’s America would envy. To wit:
- Obama’s grandmother was vice president of the Bank of Hawaii.
- Obama’s grandparents on his mother’s side both attended college.
- Obama’s parents both attended college.
- Obama lived with his maternal grandparents from age 10 until he went to college in California. They lived in a 2-story apartment at the top of a high rise in one of the most expensive areas of Honolulu.
- Before Obama’s mother and grandparents moved to Hawaii, they lived on Mercer Island–one of the 100 richest zip codes in America.
- Obama’s first home in expensive Hawaii (when he was an infant) was less than 10 years old and had 5 bedrooms and two baths.
- Obama’s second home in expensive Hawaii, where he lived with his mother and new stepfather, had four bedrooms and 2000 sq. ft. of living space.
- Lolo Soetoro, his stepfather, was a colonel in the Indonesian Army, was from a wealthy Indonesian family, and was a manager at an oil company. Obama’s childhood friends in Indonesia said on the record that Obama lived in the largest and nicest home in the neighborhood–4 bedrooms, 3 baths, room for 6 cars.
- Obama was taken to school in a chauffeur-driven limo. He wore the best clothes. He had a nanny. The family had other servants besides.
- Obama attended a private school and then later a public school reserved for the children of the “elite.”
- His sister Maya attended a private college prep school that today costs more than $20,000 per year.
- From childhood through young adulthood, Obama traveled the world—Indonesia, Hawaii, Australia, Japan, Bali, Kenya, England, France, Pakistan, India. A regular jet-setting family in an age when air travel was not the norm.
- Obama and his sister Maya attended Punahou school in Hawaii, one of the most expensive schools in the USA.
- Obama’s father worked as an economist for the government of Kenya and had many wealthy connections, including Tom Mboya and other leaders of government. Obama Senior’s second wife was born to wealth, and he lived with her in one of the most upscale areas of Nairobi. His education was funded by several wealthy American women. His children by his second wife also attended expensive international college prep schools.
- Obama inherited nearly a half-million dollars from his grandmother Madelyn Dunham, when she died.
There’s more, but you have the picture. This was not the life of a poor child, raised by a single mother.
That’s a prevarication, too.
His mother was married from 1960 to 1980–his entire childhood, save a few months between husbands. His married grandparents raised him from age ten until he left for college.
It remains to be seen whether the New York Times will actually keep their promise to vet the claims that Obama makes on the campaign trail.
They can start with this whopper–that he claims that he was NOT born with a silver spoon in his mouth.